Dreaming of a new life in the sun? Stop making excuses. You can emigrate to Australia in six easy steps. Yes, it’s scary and daunting. And yes, it involves hard work and dedication. But then so does everything worth doing in life.
Moving to Australia is just a house move to somewhere further away with a few extra bits of admin.
Why emigrate to Australia?
There are so many reasons why emigrating to Australia might be right for you. Are you looking for better weather, an outdoor lifestyle for your kids, a new adventure, travel opportunities in a different part of the world, a bigger house, more space? If these sound like the type of major life changes you’re looking for, emigrating to Australia might be for you.
Six Easy Steps to Emigrate to Australia
You might be wondering: how easy is it to move to Australia from the UK? The above graphic breaks it down into six easy steps. Moving to Australia does take more than these six steps though: it takes commitment, a positive mindset and money. But if you break it down, you can simplify everything and stop the whole thing from feeling overwhelming. Chunk the tasks down and take it step-by-step, like you would with any project.
Operation Emigrate Australia
1) Check if you’re eligible to move to Australia by speaking to a MARA registered migration agent (I recommend Veronika from Sort Out My Visa who works with me on my site) and check that you CAN move to Australia.
2) Work out whether you can afford to make the move. Look at the costs of moving to Australia – visas, flights, shipping, hire cars, temporary accommodation, moving costs to Australia like selling your home etc. – and factor in some costs for setting up your new life in Australia (buying cars, rent payments, living costs to keep you going until you find a job…) and look at the value of your assets to see if you can fund the move.
3) Decide to make the move and take action. This is the biggest and most difficult step of all. But unless you take action towards your dream, it will never be your reality.
4) Close down your life in the UK and research and plan your new life in Australia.
5) Move! Get on that plane and move to Australia.
6) Start your new life in Australia. Get through the Australia-side admin, and start living the life of your dreams Down Under.
Yep, you really can make it happen by following these easy steps to moving to Australia. Stop over-complicating things because that will put you off ever saying ‘yes’ to your dream. It’s like someone showing you a wreck of a house and telling you to renovate it into a stunning mansion when you have no idea about house renovations. Without a clear strategy in place and some support, you would probably walk away from that challenge! Emigrating to Australia is the same – it feels like such a big task to take on – especially when you have kids to think about – but if you have a plan and some support, you can work through it stage-by-stage and learn as you go. Stop wondering: ‘how can I emigrate to Australia?’ My website and Facebook groupare here to help you work out how to move to Australia, so you aren’t doing it alone anymore.
Where do you want to wake up next year?
2017 has only a couple of months left. And just like 2016 and 2015, 2018 will pass in 365 days too. Do you want to be exactly where you are right now when the bells toll to welcome 2019? How about when the bells toll to ring in 2020 or 2025? One year of moving admin is all it takes, and the reward will be there for the rest of your life.
2018 could be the year that changes everything for you. And it all starts with a simple decision to say ‘yes’ to the adventure 🙂 Are you ready to take the leap?
If you enjoyed my post about six easy steps to move to Australia, I’d love for you to share it with your friends or in Facebook groups.
If you’re looking for inspiration about how to emigrate to Australia, check out the rest of my blog. If you’re looking for help with a moving to Australia from the UK checklist, check out my Ultimate Emigration Checklist.