It is just the most perfect time to start some new Christmas traditions for yourself. Your traditions from your home country probably came from family traditions. You do things in the way that everyone else in the family has always done them, and you’re following that process. But when you get here, you’re free to create your own brand new traditions…you can celebrate Christmas your way.
Welcome to the New Life in Australia podcast
In this episode, Karen talks about how she has embraced Christmas in the sun. This includes:
- Getting Santa photos (and how funny it is seeing Santa in Hawaiian shirts, board shorts and thongs!)
- Christmas carol events in the suburbs
- Enjoying the long school summer holidays over Christmas
- Christmas food traditions in Australia
- The Christmas dress code in Australia
- Celebrating Christmas how YOU want to (not having to do what is expected of you)
- Embracing a new kind of Christmas and creating your own new traditions
Episode out 30.11.23
- Episode 11: Christmas gifting when you move to Australia
- Find out about Christmas in July
- Learn more about celebrating Christmas in Australia
- Read this article about Christmas gifts for your final year in your home country
- Read this article about why flowers are a special gift to send to someone living overseas
- Send cards online with Moonpig
You can find the AI-generated transcript for episode 14 here.
If you enjoyed listening, don’t forget to subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts! All positive reviews would be really appreciated!