When you get out there and explore, it really just reminds you why you moved. So, especially if you’ve been feeling a bit homesick, there’s nothing more exhilarating and exciting than pulling into a really beautiful new beach and remembering that you actually get to live here! Whenever I think to myself, I’m so lucky to live here, it’s so beautiful, I remind myself I’m not lucky. I just took action and did the hard thing, and this is the reward that we get.
Welcome to the New Life in Australia podcast
In today’s episode, Karen talks about planning your future holidays in Australia after you’ve moved over. This includes:
- Choosing your transport
- Planning your accommodation
- Organising bucket list experiences
- Being mindful of travel distances and planning for this
- Things to be aware of when driving in Australia
- Why domestic travel insurance is still important
- Planning for your pet while you’re away
- Staying in touch with local conditions
- and so much more!
This list contains affiliate links. Please do your due diligence before making any bookings to ensure products are the right fit for you.
- Check out domestic travel insurance with sites like Covermore Insurance
- Consider motorhome hire with Jucy, Motorhome Republic, Britz or Maui. You can find car hire links in the Move to Australia Directory
- Check out Get Your Guide for trips and tours (where you can buy now, pay later and also usually cancel later if your plans change)
- Visit Mon Repos to see the turtles laying their eggs or hatching near Bundaberg
- Listen to episode 9: Living with extreme conditions podcast
- Listen to episode 5: 11 tips to stay sun safe in Australia
- Read the blog post: Living with extreme weather in Australia
- Listen to episode 7: House sitting in Australia
- Read the blog post about planning a trip in Australia
- Find more resources for your travels in the Move to Australia Directory
You can find the AI-generated transcript for episode 13 here
If you enjoyed listening, don’t forget to subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts! All positive reviews would be really appreciated!